We’ve been hearing more and more that focus groups are having a hard time getting Hispanics & Spanish speakers to sign-up. And we found four such companies that are looking for panelists this week…
They’ll pay you cash and all you have to do is share your opinions on food, cars, etc.
1. Pine Cone Panel
The Pine Cone Panel is run by the folks over at the Nielsen company (the same people who track TV ratings). It’s one of my favorite panels, because they offer a flat rate every time you take a short survey – $3.
Plus, there’s no minimum to cashout; you can request a check every day if you want…
This one is only open to Hispanic, US residents.
MobileXpression is a research company that studies internet trends and reports to their clients about the popularity of different mobile phone websites. They are currently looking for a few thousand cell phone users to share the sites you are browsing. All of the sharing is done with a special software that is installed on your phone and it doesn’t require any real work from you. You can also uninstall the software at any time if you decide you no longer want to participate.
This one can be downloaded on most smartphones/tablet. After you’ve installed it for 1 week, you get to play an instant rewards game for a prize (everyone wins something). I won a $25 gift card to Amazon, but some of the other prizes include iPads & Samsung TVs.
How it works…
1. Sign up at MobileXpressions here – You’ll need to share a little bit of information about your demographic which is similar to signing up as a Nielsen household. You’ll also need to tell them what kind of cell phone you have, because their software is only compatible with certain types of phones.
2. Download their software – It seems to be pretty easy and it runs in the background of your phone just like any other cell phone app. The site says it will have no affect on your mobile phone performance.
3. Send your data – This step doesn’t really require any work from you as the software automatically send the relevant data to MobileXpression. They don’t monitor your phone calls or personal information but they do check out the web pages you view, the links you access, and the usage times for certain device activities (e.g., text messaging, call lengths, and web browsing).
4. Collect your rewards – After it’s been installed for seven days, you can play their instant rewards game where you are guaranteed to win something.
3. Ipsos Company
The Ipsos company is a pretty well-known panel and right now they are paying Hispanics to give their opinions on a variety of topics.
As part of the Ipsos Panel, they will reward you with points for every question that you answer and you can later redeem them for cash or gift cards. Plus, once you join the site, you’ll be entered to win a $1,000 and can earn additional entries for each survey you complete.
You know the company that tracks TV rating? Well, apparently they also want to measure the popularity of websites and online videos. From Nielsen’s site:
“In order for us to report accurate data to the mobile industry, we use Nielsen’s proprietary applications and profiles to measure the normal activity of your phone, tablet, or other mobile device. All data transmitted is encrypted and anonymous. All you have to do is download the Nielsen Mobile App or install our profile, depending on your device, and then continue using your mobile device as you usually do – that’s it! The Nielsen Mobile software is undetectable and will not affect your device’s performance or battery life.”
Want to give it a try?
1. Sign up here. (You cannot directly download this from the app store). You have to have an iPhone or an iPad to participate with this one.
2. Once you’ve registered they will send you instructions on how to install the app. After completing the installation, you’ll be asked to restart your phone.
As a member of the Nielsen Mobile Panel, you’ll earn up to $50 a year just for using your phone like you normally do
Your Turn: Have you ever been on a panel before? What was your experience like?