1 MIN READ
American Express is Giving Away $10 Checks
Here’s a cool way to make an easy $10. American Express has launched a new, online payment system called Serve. It’s similar to Paypal, but Serve is handing out $10 checks in a genius marketing maneuver to gain new members.
I remember Paypal doing this when they first launched, but they only gave you $5 to join. Suck it Paypal.
The fine print says that the last day to claim your free $10 is tomorrow, October 7th. However, I’ve seen them extend the date once before…
Here’s how to do it:
– Create a Serve account. It’s just an name, email address, etc.
– Answer one question correctly in Serve’s Money Mover trivia game. The trivia questions are pretty easy and they will let you keep playing until you get one right.
– Once you correctly answer a question, type in your email address (use the same one associated with your Serve account)
– Within a couple of hours, Serve will send you an email with instructions on how to claim your $10
– Once you receive the email, log in to your account, click “notifications,” and then click “accept” to claim your $10.
You can then request a check from Serve or you can set up a ACH deposit and you will have your $10 within a couple of days. I did this last week and the whole process took me about 10 minutes. And yes, I got my $10, which I later happily took to Chipotle for lunch. 🙂
Side note: I have absolutely no relationship with Serve or American Express. Just a freebie alert from me to you.
Good Luck Penny Hoarders!
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.