Fixing Up Your House? This Free $10 Home Depot Gift Card Can Help
Have you heard of MyPoints?
It’s a cash-back site that pays you to print coupons and shop online. We love it around here — it’s an instant way to save on everything you buy.
Next time you plan to shop online, use MyPoints to get this awesome deal: Spend $20, and get a free $10 gift card for The Home Depot!
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for MyPoints here (you just need to give them a name and email address).
- MyPoints instantly sends an email to confirm your email address — you’ll need to click it to get the free gift card.
- Lastly, you’ll need to purchase $20 worth of products online through the MyPoints shopping portal. MyPoints will reward you with 1,750 bonus points, which you can then redeem for a $10 Home Depot gift card.
Use MyPoints to Save Money on Home Improvement
Almost any shopping counts toward points for your $10 reward, so MyPoints can help you save money on just about anything you want to buy this summer.
As an example, look how you can use MyPoints to save money on a weekend home improvement project — like staining your deck.
- Buy two cans of oil-latex redwood stain for about $10 each on HomeDepot.com through MyPoints. Choose in-store pickup for free shipping.
- Earn reward points for your purchase. MyPoints offers two points per dollar at The Home Depot — 1.4% cash back.
- Claim your $10 Home Depot gift card to use on your next purchase.
- Pay with your cash-back credit card, like the Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard®, which will earn you another 1.5% in cash rewards.
- Use the gift card next time you shop The Home Depot through MyPoints for yet another 1.4% off!
That’s a total of $30 in home improvement supplies for just $19.28 — equal to 36% off!
The Fine Print
This offer is available to all new members.
You need to join MyPoints now and spend $20 on any shopping or travel within 30 days. You’ll be awarded 1,750 points, redeemable for a $10 gift card of your choice.
After shopping, rewards points will appear in your account within 30 days, but it usually takes less than five business days.
If you request a physical gift card, it should arrive in the mail within two weeks — and e-gift cards show up in your inbox within 30 minutes.
Your Turn: What are your favorite tips for saving money on home improvement?
Advertiser Disclosure: Many of the credit card offers that appear on this site are from credit card companies from which ThePennyHoarder.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). We do not feature all available credit card offers or all credit card issuers.