2 MIN READ
Win $5K for Celebrating Your Latino Heritage in this Scholarship Contest
Coffee and money — can you think of anything better in life?
OK, OK — so there’s more to life than just those two.
Things like family, community, heritage, education … you know, all the things that make this life just a little more wonderful (and a lot more worth living).
So what if I told you about a scholarship opportunity that combined, well, all of those things?
Café Bustelo is hosting a scholarship contest for college students of Latino descent that focuses on family, community, heritage, education and career goals — and you could win as much as $5,000.
The Café Bustelo El Café Del Futuro Scholarship Contest
Here’s how to enter the Café Bustelo scholarship contest for a chance to win $5,000 to put toward your education.
Number of scholarships awarded: 10
Amount awarded: $5,000 each
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a current, full-time graduate or undergraduate college student.
- Be of Latino descent.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be enrolled at a Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities member institution within the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico.
To apply, applicants must:
- Write an essay of 800 words or fewer describing “how your Latino heritage, family and the community in which you grew up have impacted your desire and motivation to obtain a college degree,” along with “what you intend to accomplish with your degree and how you will give back to your community.”
- Fill out the online application found here.
Scholarship deadline: May 25, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time
Your essay should highlight your extracurricular activities, work experience and community involvement and should “showcase your academic goals and/or career ambitions.”
You can read the rest of the official rules and guidelines here.
And if you’re looking for even more scholarships to apply for, be sure to check out our list of 100 scholarships that will help you pay for college.
Grace Schweizer is a junior writer at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.