This $1K Scholarship Covers College, Tech, Career or Online Education Costs
Everyone deserves a second chance, right?
The American Fire Sprinkler Association thinks so — and that’s why it created its Second Chance scholarship.
The scholarship is open to anyone with a high school diploma or GED certificate who is ready to go to college or attend a trade school — even if it’s been a little while since high school.
(And if you’re looking for more scholarship opportunities that can help you pay for school, be sure to like our college page on Facebook. We post awesome new scholarship opportunities there whenever we find them.)
Enter to Win $1,000 in the AFSA Second Chance Scholarship Contest
Here’s how you can enter to win $1,000 in the AFSA Second Chance Scholarship Contest to help pay for tuition or books.
Amount awarded: $1,000
Number of scholarships awarded: 5
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S.
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll for the spring 2019 semester at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or technical, career or online school. (You can check accreditation through the U.S Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.)
- Not be related to an AFSA staff or national board member.
- Not be a past winner of an AFSA scholarship contest.
- Submit a completed entry form on the AFSA website.
- Complete a quiz about fire sprinklers and fire safety that follows the online entry form.
Scholarship deadline: August 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Central time.
Five winners will be selected randomly and contacted within 14 business days of the entry period closing.
You can read the rest of the official rules and guidelines here.
Then, be sure to check out our list of 100 more college scholarships you can apply for.
Grace Schweizer is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.