2 MIN READ
Put Your Meme-Making Skills to the Test to Win This $500 Scholarship
Strung out on finals? Broke? Have a terrible roommate? I bet you’ve made a meme about it.
Thanks be to the almighty internet meme. You’ve made us laugh and cry, or laugh cry, in the best and worst of times.
You’ve no doubt made one — or 100.
Choose your top three college memes and enter them into the Express Medical Supply Scholarship Program for a chance to win a $500 scholarship.
Enter Your Meme Into the Express Medical Supply Scholarship
The hardest part will be narrowing your dank meme collection down to three.
But let’s make sure you’re eligible to enter first. To qualify you must:
- Be an actual college student enrolled at an accredited two- or four-year college in the U.S.
- Be a legal U.S. resident or have a valid student visa.
Still eligible? Sweet.
The rules are pretty basic:
- Make an original meme that describes your college experience thus far. The meme image doesn’t need to be original, but the text does.
- Write a brief explanation of your inspiration for the meme.
- Post your meme to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #ExmedScholarship and link to the scholarship page exmed.net/500. This will count toward the 280 character limit on Twitter.
- Email [email protected] with your full name, address, telephone number, school name, birthday, name of parent or guardian if you’re under 18, your brief explanation and the URL to your meme post, which must be unprotected and public. Put “SCHOLARSHIP” in the subject line.
Only one submission will be accepted per social platform. If you submit the same image on all three platforms, it will count as one entry. If you want to score three entries, you must submit a different meme to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Guess what? Spelling counts. As do punctuation and grammar. Treat this like a homework assignment, and don’t include foul language or abbreviations. Any of these mistakes will disqualify you.
While you can use old meme images, new and original ones will be favored, as will creative thoughts and ideas. Check out these examples.
The deadline to submit is 11:59 p.m. CST on Dec. 30, 2018. The winner will be announced on Jan. 7, 2019.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.