In Less Than a Minute, You Could Enter This $10K Scholarship Sweepstakes
Sometimes, earning scholarships for college is a numbers game.
I mean, sure, you can write essays on “that time you demonstrated excellent leadership” ’til Nelson Mandela himself rises from the grave to shake your hand, but let’s be real — every once in a while, it’s nice to simply type in your name and email, check a box and hit “submit.”
And while the odds of a sweepstakes competition aren’t necessarily in your favor (let’s be real), your odds at least increase from zero when you take the 30 seconds required to enter.
And if you do happen to win, wouldn’t you say that 30 seconds of your life was worth a $10,000 scholarship prize?
Plus, if you don’t happen to win this one, you’ve at least set yourself up for success in other ways. By opting in to the emails from Discover Student Loans, you’ll receive tips and resources for getting into and paying for college. So who’s the real winner here?
(And if you’re looking for more scholarship opportunities that can help you pay for school, be sure to like our college page on Facebook. We post awesome new scholarship opportunities there whenever we find them.)
Enter to Win $10,000 in the Discover Student Loans Scholarship Award Sweepstakes
Here’s how you can enter to win a $10,000 scholarship from the Discover Student Loans Scholarship Award Sweepstakes.
Amount awarded: Each winner will receive $10,000.
Number of scholarships awarded: 11 per year (Two during entry periods 1, 2 and 4 and three during entry period 3).
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a resident of the United States, the District of Columbia or the U.S. territories.
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Be a high school senior or college student who is or will be enrolled at least half-time in a bachelor’s, associate’s or graduate program at an eligible school.
- OR be a parent or legal guardian of a student who meets the above requirements.
To apply, applicants must:
- Fill out and submit the entry form located here.
Scholarship deadline: There are three more entry periods open this year. The first entry period has closed. Remaining entry periods are:
- April 1, 2018 – June 30, 2018
- July 1, 2018 – September 30, 2018
- October 1, 2018 – January 31, 2019
Winners are announced approximately one week after each entry period closes.
You can enter only once per entry period via the above form.
There are four ways to earn bonus entries, though, and you can earn each of these bonus entries once per entry period. Here’s how:
- After you enter, click the “Copy Link” button to receive a unique link to the sweepstakes. Then, copy and paste the link and email it to your friends. When they register for the sweepstakes through the unique link you sent them, you will earn one bonus entry in the applicable entry period.
- After you enter the sweepstakes, you will see an option to share the sweepstakes on Twitter. Click the link to share the ready-made tweet containing a unique URL to the sweepstakes. If someone registers through that URL, you will earn one bonus entry in the applicable entry period.
- After you enter the sweepstakes, you will see an option to share the sweepstakes on your Facebook wall. The post will contain a unique link to the sweepstakes. If someone registers through the unique link you’ve provided, you will earn one bonus entry in the applicable entry period.
- After you enter the sweepstakes, you will see an option to participate in a survey. By taking the survey, you will earn one bonus entry into the applicable entry period.
If you’re looking for even more scholarships to apply for, be sure to check out our list of 100 scholarships that will help you pay for college.
Grace Schweizer is a junior writer at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.