1 MIN READ
Forget Pen and Paper: This Trendy DIY Chalkboard Costs Less Than $10
Forget pen and paper for your to-do lists — chalkboard paint is so trendy right now.
However, buying it can be expensive and it only comes in a few colors.
So do it yourself!
You can create a sleek and stylish chalkboard for your home for under $10.
Nook and Cranny DIY Studio showed me how to make it by hand in minutes. All you need are these five items, which you can get at any craft or hardware store.
- Cut-out shape = $4
- ½ cup of latex or acrylic paint = $2
- 1 tbsp. of non-sanded white tile grout = $2
- Foam paint brush = $0.50
- Chalk = $1
Once you have everything, follow these directions:
1. Mix the paint and grout together, little by little.
2. Apply paint with brush to the cut-out shape. Do several coats as needed.
3. Dry quickly using a hairdryer.
4. To condition, rub the side of a piece of chalk over the entire surface.
5. Wipe off the chalk and any dust.
6. Start writing!
This is by far the easiest DIY ever! Plus you’ll never forget anything again.
Your Turn: Share your favorite DIY projects in the comments below.
Christie Post, social media video producer at The Penny Hoarder, is always finding ways to make stories visual. You can see her live broadcasts on our Facebook page. Give her a shoutout @christiepost.