Sometimes saving money isn’t as simple as you want it to be — especially when you’re a mom.
Your kids may think your creative money saving schemes are embarrassing, but you know just how genius your frugal living techniques actually are, right?
OK, so maybe you go a little overboard sometimes…
1. When you try to save money by hopping on the DIY train.
2. When they tell you the Tooth Fairy didn’t leave enough money.
Next time they’re getting one quarter instead of two.
3. When you have to recycle party favors because, well, balloons are expensive.
Happy 21st, son!
4. When you insist upon military showers.
I hope they’re done by the time the water heater “accidentally” gets shut off!
5. When you refuse to buy more ketchup because you KNOW there’s still some in the bottle.
It was just hiding.
6. When the kids are embarrassed, but you know you saved a ton of money by stocking up on hotel toiletries.
7. When they’re 16, but you still make them order off the kids’ menu.
You don’t have to keep the toy, OK?
8. When “shopping” means “in your sister’s closet.”
Back-to-school savings have never been easier.
9. When you cut their hair at home.
You look great, honey! I promise.
10. When you have to start cooking at home instead of going out.
Don’t worry. This will get easier.
Your Turn: What are your favorite #frugalmomfails? Share them with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
Kelly Smith is an editorial intern at The Penny Hoarder and a senior at The University of Tampa. While she may not have any human children, she’s the mom of a five-month-old Shar-Pei named Wrigley.