1 MIN READ
An IN or KY Student Could Win a $500 Scholarship in This Essay Contest
You already know #squadgoals are fun and #lifegoals are important.
But did you know #personalgoals can snag you a $500 scholarship?
Indiana law firm McNeely Stephenson is awarding a $500 scholarship to one lucky high school senior resident of Jefferson County, Kentucky, or one of six counties in Indiana.
To enter the contest, you’ll need to write a 500- to 1,000-word essay about where you see yourself in 10 years and why the scholarship money is necessary for you to reach your personal goals.
The judges are looking for creativity, originality and the ability to convey a complex message.
Of course, there’s a little more to the contest than that, and we’ve got the details.
The Personal Goals 2018 Scholarship Contest
Here’s how to enter to win a scholarship from McNeely Stephenson.
Scholarship amount: $500
To qualify for this scholarship, an applicant must be:
- A high school senior who has been accepted to a four-year college or a student currently enrolled in a four-year college.
- Live in Jefferson County, Kentucky, or Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Washington, Scott, or Jefferson County, Indiana, when not in school.
- A US citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply, applicants must complete:
- The online application form.
- The 500- to 1,000-word essay assignment.
Applicants must also provide:
- Current contact information.
- A college acceptance letter or proof of attendance.
- An official transcript.
- A color photograph of themselves.
Scholarship deadline: May 1, 2018
Winner will be notified by: June 15, 2018
You can read the rest of the official rules and guidelines here.
If you’re looking for even more scholarships to apply for, be sure to check out our list of 100 scholarships that will help you pay for college.
Lisa McGreevy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.