2 MIN READ
Studying Construction or Engineering? Here’s A $2K Scholarship Opportunity
Whether you’ve chosen to attend a trade school or go the more traditional path of a four-year college degree, you already know that getting an education beyond high school is pretty pricy.
I know — I don’t have to tell you twice.
So I’ll cut right to the chase: We’ve got a scholarship for anyone attending a university, college, trade or vocational school who is planning to go into a construction- or engineering-related field of just about any sort.
Geneva Rock Products, Inc. is a Utah-based supplier of construction products and services. The company recently announced a scholarship program for “students dedicated to building the future,” in hopes of encouraging more people to enter construction-related industries.
So if you’re attending school for anything from welding to civil engineering, this scholarship opportunity is for you.
If you don’t fall into this category but you’re on the hunt for other scholarships that could help you pay for school, be sure to like The Penny Hoarder College page. We post awesome new scholarship opportunities there whenever we find them.
Enter to Win a $2,000 Scholarship from Geneva Rock Products
Here’s how you can enter to win $2,000 in the Geneva Rock scholarship contest.
Amount awarded: $2,000 to a recipient in the fall and $2,000 to a recipient in the spring.
Number of scholarships awarded: Two
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Have received or currently be attaining a high school diploma or GED.
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited university, college, trade or vocational school.
- Be pursuing a construction-related career including (but not limited to): construction management, civil engineering, business, commercial/professional sales or a trade such as welding, diesel tech, heavy equipment operations or building tech.
High school seniors are welcome to apply but must already be enrolled in one of the previously mentioned institutions.
To apply, applicants must:
- Write an essay that answers the three questions listed under the “how to enter” section here, being sure to hit the word count for each section.
- Include your full name, contact information, affiliated institution and desired degree or certification.
- Include a photo of yourself working on a construction-related project.
- Sign and submit a Content Contribution Agreement.
- Email the above items to the email address listed under the “how to enter” section here.
Scholarship deadline: July 1, 2018 at midnight Eastern Time for the fall semester and November 15, 2018 at midnight Eastern Time for the spring semester.
Winners will be notified on August 1, 2018 and December 15, 2018, respectively.
The scholarship money must be used for tuition or school supplies (like textbooks or tools). A check will be written directly to the recipient’s school of choice.
You can read the rest of the official rules and guidelines here.
If you’re looking for even more scholarships to apply for, be sure to check out our list of 100 scholarships that will help you pay for college.
Grace Schweizer is a junior writer at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.