1 MIN READ
10 Romantic Dates for Valentine’s Day That Don’t Cost an Arm and a Leg
It’s never too soon to start planning this year’s Valentine’s Day date with your sweetheart.
Sure, you could pull out all the stops and make dinner reservations at an expensive restaurant, followed by a night of dancing at a fancy nightclub where a cocktail costs more than your rent.
Or, you could think outside the box and plan something heartfelt and romantic that won’t set you back hundreds of dollars.
Like these suggestions, for instance.
10 Date Night Ideas for the Perfect Valentine’s Day Celebration
- Stargazing under the night sky is charming and fun. Before you go, download a free mobile astronomy app to help you figure out what you’re seeing overhead.
- Become tourists in your own backyard and explore a new neighborhood you’ve never been to.
- Crank up your favorite tunes and have an epic lip sync battle.
- Check out what free or low-cost events are happening in your town in honor of Valentine’s Day, like poetry readings, live comedy shows or gallery openings.
- Tour a local park or historical site you’ve been meaning to visit.
- Put on your scavenger hunting hats and go geocaching for tiny treasures.
- Sign up as a mystery shopper and let someone else pay for your date.
- Take a look at event and dining discount websites like Restaurant.com or Groupon for money-saving opportunities.
- Snuggle on the couch, pull out your old photo albums and take a trip down memory lane.
- Hunker down for a family date night with the kids and create handmade valentine gifts for each other.
Lisa McGreevy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. One of her favorite Valentine’s Day dates was people-watching with her sweetheart while sipping prosecco.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.