2 MIN READ
2 Companies That Are Hiring Work-From-Home Reps (No Degree Required)
Looking for a job that lets you work from home? These two companies are hiring for several customer service jobs around the U.S. — and you can do them without leaving the house.
Like many customer service jobs, your hours will vary, and pay is likely dependent in part on your location. We recommend you ask about these details in your interview.
Convergys is Hiring Work-from-Home Customer Service Reps
Convergys provides customer service agents for a variety of client companies.
“When you call the customer service department for your cell phone or cable provider, you just might be talking to a Convergys home-based customer service and sales agent,” the company points out.
As a work-from-home sales and service rep, you’ll provide customer service and sales over the phone or online for client companies.
Convergys is hiring in 35 states, according to the listing, but note we only see 22 listed on its careers page.
It regularly hires for three work-from-home customer support positions: sales and service (sales focus), customer service (customer focus) and technical support (technical focus).
For all positions, applicants must have:
- a high school diploma or GED
- at least one year of customer service experience (plus one year of sales experience if you’re applying for a sales-focused position)
- your own PC and high-speed internet service
- a 17-inch monitor
- quiet, distraction-free environment to work
- an approved headset (upon hire)
Your schedule will vary, but make sure you’re available to work evenings and weekends.
You’ll receive company benefits, including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Attendance-based wage increases
- Performance bonuses
- Sales incentives (depending on position)
To apply: You can see all available positions and apply for your state here.
Sutherland is Hiring Work-From-Home Technical Support Reps
Sutherland Global Services, another outsourcing company, is hiring work-from-home reps to join its CloudSource team to provide customers with technical assistance and general support.
The company is hiring across the contiguous U.S.
For these positions, applicants must have:
- a high school diploma or equivalent
- basic typing skills and experience with the Microsoft Office suite
- technical support experience
- home office requirements (upon hire): USB headset with a noise-cancelling microphone and high-speed internet connection
To apply: Fill out the online application for Sutherland here.
You can also follow The Penny Hoarder Jobs on Facebook to be the first to know when we post new opportunities!
Your Turn: Will you apply for one of these work-from-home customer service jobs?
Dana Sitar (@danasitar) is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She’s written for Huffington Post, Entrepreneur.com, Writer’s Digest and more, attempting humor wherever it’s allowed (and sometimes where it’s not).
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.