Add This Job to Your Cart: Apply to Become a Remote Agent for Amazon
Editor’s note: These jobs fill up quickly! If the position you’re interested in isn’t available, we recommend searching for other work-from-home jobs in your area through ZipRecruiter.
Remember when estimated shipping time was about 10 to 12 days, and you were pumped when it only took eight?
Now, if a package takes more than two days to get from “Add to Cart” to your front door, it feels like an eternity.
Amazon has shipping down to a science at this point, which allows us impatient customers to choose two-day, one-day and even same day shipping if we so please.
And how does Amazon achieve these shipping goals? With sorcery! No, just kidding. With an awesome support team, which you can now join.
Amazon is hiring part-time, seasonal shipping and delivery support associates in Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia.
Using internal tools for research and troubleshooting, the associates, also known as SDS agents, work with drivers and customers to ensure packages are delivered on time.
This is a work-from-home, seasonal flex job. Seasonal employees can remain with Amazon for up to nine months, with the possibility for regular long-term employment.
Amazon’s customer service is open 24/7, so flex employees are required to have a very flexible schedule. Schedules change throughout the employment period and are determined by “shift bids,” which factor in employee performance and business needs.
Associates work an average of 20 to 29 hours per week, with additional hours during peak seasons, at a pay rate of $12 per hour.
If hired, associates must first do four weeks of training, which requires a minimum of 28 hours a week at a pay rate of $10 per hour.
If the scheduling doesn’t work for you or you’re more interested in a full-time, work-from-home job, that’s OK. You can check out our Jobs page on Facebook, where we’re always posting new opportunities.
Seasonal Shipping and Delivery Support Associate at Amazon
Pay: $12 per hour
- Providing support to drivers on-road and to customers waiting for shipments
- Handling customer inquiries and resolving any problems
- Facilitating communication between both internal and external customers
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A home work space free from distraction
- Fluency in English
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to work over the internet and navigate websites efficiently
- A flexible schedule
- Customer service skills
- Ability to complete I-9 paperwork in person at a location Amazon will provide
- At least three months of customer service experience
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering, logistics/supply chain or business administration
Technical requirements include:
- A reliable internet connection with a minimum of 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed — Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only
- A direct router/modem connection via Ethernet cable (no Wi-Fi)
- An Amazon-owned laptop, headset and Ethernet adaptor will be shipped upon hire
- An external monitor, wired USB keyboard and wired USB mouse are preferred but not required
Apply here for the part-time seasonal shipping and delivery support associate position at Amazon.
Kaitlyn Blount is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She once did free same day shipping for an air purifier because allergy season waits for no man.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.