2 MIN READ
Love Language Arts? This Company is Hiring a Remote Content Writer
I don’t know about y’all, but language arts was my favorite subject in school.
Give me an hour-long discussion about “To Kill a Mockingbird” over parallelograms any day of the week.
Does this sound like you?
If analyzing classic literature is your thing, you love a good onomatopoeia, and want to work from home, then CHA-CHING — we just might have a job for you.
Amplify is hiring a remote ELA content writer. This is a full-time, contractor position that is expected to last about a year.
Amplify is a digital education company that works with teachers and students to provide an interactive approach to learning. By using multimedia and technology, the company strives to make reading and writing more engaging for young students.
If you land this role, you will be crafting English Language Arts lessons and assessments for students in grades 6-8.
Candidates should not only have teaching experience, but also a passion for literature and grammar. You should be comfortable working with teams and implementing technology in your teaching plan.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, keep reading. And if literature isn’t your thing, no worries. You can check out our Jobs page on Facebook, where we’re always posting work-from-home opportunities.
Remote ELA Content Writer at Amplify
Pay: Not specified
- Helping research and select texts that meet Amplify’s standards
- Providing analysis on selected texts
- Contributing to the overall development of the curriculum
- Creating lessons that engage students at all levels
- Collaborating with designers, developers and other content producers to create lessons that sync with the Amplify platform
Applicants for this position must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in English or humanities
- Background in literary analysis
- At least two years of experience educating at the middle or high school level
- Previous experience writing lessons plans and curriculums
- Demonstrated writing skills
- A graduate degree
- Experience creating lesson plans/curriculums that integrate technology
- Willingness to think outside the box and collaborate with teachers
- Strong reading and thinking skills
Apply here for the remote English Language Arts Content Writer at Amplify.
Kaitlyn Blount is a junior staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She was the nerd in school who actually enjoyed summer reading assignments.