4 Work-From-Home Customer Service Jobs That Won’t Bore You to Death
Customer service is a great opportunity to make money from home — but it can be boring.
Who wants to read from a script all day?
If you enjoy helping people and want to put your communication skills to use in a job with a challenge, we found four companies hiring unique, unscripted customer-facing positions.
Throw away the script and exercise your people skills! Check out these four companies hiring work-from-home representatives.
1. Be a Brand Ambassador for Remote Year in These 12 Cities
This position requires you to leave your home office, so you should love face time with customers!
Remote Year jumps on the location-independence trend and offers a year-long work and travel experience — 12 cities, 12 months. An ambassador represents the brand on the ground in major cities around the U.S.
Remote Year is hiring ambassadors in these 12 cities:
- New York, NY
- Los Angeles, CA
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
- San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, CA
- Boston (Manchester), MA
- Washington, DC
- Atlanta, GA
- Houston, TX
- Seattle/Tacoma, WA
- Denver, CO
- Austin, TX
The job is a mix of sales, marketing and event planning and “requires someone who works at a frenzy pace and is self-motivated to deliver results.” You’d plan events, connect with local organizations and more to target future customers.
You should have a passion for travel, preferably with periods of extended international travel in your recent history. The job also requires:
- At least one year experience in a related field.
- Fluency in English. Other language skills are a plus.
- You should be excellent at event planning and be organized.
- People skills! You would be representing the brand to everyone you meet.
To apply: Fill out the online application or apply with LinkedIn here.
2. Work from Home in Customer Service in These 4 States
This work-from-home job comes with killer benefits!
HotelTonight is an app that helps you book hotels at last-minute rates for tonight, tomorrow and next week.
It’s hiring full-time, work-from-home customer experience phone agents to provide customer support. Applicants must reside in Florida, Oregon, Tennessee or Texas.
You would be the point person for customers with questions about using the app, billing or booking issues.
The job requires:
- At least one year call center experience.
- Customer service experience and comfort talking with customers in an unscripted conversation.
- Proficiency with the internet and iPhone and Android apps.
- Experience with TalkDesk, Salesforce and Desk.com are a plus.
Check out these benefits:
- No cost for health, dental and vision health care plans for employees, and discounts on family plans.
- Options to contribute to FSA/HSA plans
- 401(k) retirement plan
- 10 paid vacation days to start
- Six paid sick days
- $500 in credits every quarter on the HotelTonight app
- $50/month internet stipend
- Stock options
To apply: Submit your resume, cover letter and answers to application questions here.
3. Work with DealDash from Minnesota or Illinois
You would provide unscripted customer support for the site via email, phone and chat, so you should have good written and verbal communication skills.
DealDash is seeking applicants from these eight countries:
- United States (Minnesota and Illinois)
The job starts with a two-week in-house training period in the Kamppi office in Finland. After that, you can work from home. You’d work five days a week, with shifts including evenings and weekends.
If the job isn’t absolutely perfect for you, DealDash offers a $6,000 resignation bonus!
4. Join the Executive Customer Relations Team at Amazon
Looking for a challenge? Amazon is hiring stellar customer service representatives to join its North American Executive Customer Relations team.
In this position, you’d be responsible for resolving escalated customer support issues. Yeah, this is the “someone else” in “Isn’t there someone else who can help me with this?”
You’d collaborate with legal, PR, content and business teams to solve customer issues and develop plans to prevent them in the future.
You may work from home in these 17 states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Washington.
- Customer service experience in a leadership role
- “Exceptionally strong” customer support skills
- Project leadership experience and project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s degree in English, business or related field preferred
- Formal training in relationship skill/business management a plus
- HTML skills a plus
To apply: Fill out the application online here.
Want to be the first to know about other fun and interesting jobs like this? Like The Penny Hoarder Jobs on Facebook to stay in the loop!
Your Turn: Have you seen any exciting work-from-home jobs lately?
Dana Sitar (@danasitar) is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She’s written for Huffington Post, Entrepreneur.com, Writer’s Digest and more, attempting humor wherever it’s allowed (and sometimes where it’s not).
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.