1 MIN READ
This Fitness Company Wants Writers to Cover the Local Scene in 11 Cities
If you like flexing your guns as well as your wordplay, we’ve got just the writing gig for you.
Fitt, a health and fitness media platform, is looking for news and trend writers to dive into their local exercise scene and emerge with articles for the website.
To apply for one of these remote writing jobs, you’ll need to live in one of the following cities:
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Portland, Oregon
- Toronto, Ontario
- London, England
If you don’t live in one of those towns, be sure to check out The Penny Hoarder Jobs page on Facebook for plenty of other opportunities.
News and Trend Writer at Fitt
- Writing, editing and proofreading articles assigned or approved by an editor
- Creating guides and developing in-depth feature stories on your local fitness scene
- Following the local fitness scene closely
- Pitch new content ideas and topics for the editorial team
- Craft shareable headlines
- Meet regular deadlines
Applicants for these remote writing jobs must have:
- At least one year of experience in journalism, communications or web content creation
- Passion for health and fitness
- Working knowledge of Google Docs
- Flexible schedule and access to email throughout the day
- Familiarity with the publication and the target demographic — 18 to 34 year olds
- Ability to manage their own workload and hit deadlines
We’ve reached out to Fitt about pay for these positions and will update this article if we hear back.
Apply here for the news and trend writer job at Fitt.
Alex Mahadevan is a data journalist at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.