3 MIN READ
These 5 Work-From-Home Jobs are Hiring Right This Second (Apply Now!)
Looking for a job you can do right from your kitchen table or couch?
We found five companies that are hiring work-from-home employees — and two of them are companies we’ve mentioned before.
Get ‘em while they’re hot!
1. Remote Services Technician at Support.com
Here’s a great job for people with a knack for wireless and internet technology at Support.com.
In this full-time inbound customer support job, you’ll troubleshoot issues, resolve service-related problems and provide all-around, top notch customer service.
You’ll also process credit cards, ask callers to complete customer surveys and document customer interactions.
Benefits include paid training at $9 per hour, medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off and a 401(k) plan.
After training, pay jumps to $10.25 per hour.
- Minimum 1 year experience setting up home networks or equivalent training
- 1 year of customer service experience
- Understanding of home networks (wireless and wired) using multiple network technologies
- Consent to and pass a background check
- Specific equipment requirements as noted in job description
Apply here to be a Support.com remote services technician.
2. Community Moderator at OKCupid
Swipe right on this job as a community moderator for OKCupid, one of the largest dating sites on the internet.
You’ll work from home full time on a flexible schedule to provide customer support over email, remove fake accounts and ban harassers.
You’ll also review and moderate content to make sure profiles, messages and pictures are within site guidelines.
OKCupid community moderators will occasionally handle sensitive topics that sometimes come up for customers, so the ideal candidate will also have “strong empathy and tact.”
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
- Extensive customer service experience
- Strong ability to understand internet norms and societal interactions
- Prior experience with digital fraud protection and website moderation is preferred but not required
Apply here to become an OKCupid community moderator.
3. Customer Relations Associate at ActBlue
ActBlue’s team of self-described “political nerds” is hiring a full-time customer relations associate to work from home during standard East Coast business hours.
You’ll be on the support team’s front lines, answering phones, returning calls, responding to emails, transcribing voicemails and monitoring the contribution queue.
The position is full time, including occasional weekend coverage. It requires a commitment through January 2019.
Benefits include fully paid health, dental and vision insurance, an employee-sponsored 401(k) plan and a “competitive” hourly pay rate.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Previous customer service experience
- Four-year degree preferred, but not required
Apply here to be an ActBlue customer relations associate.
Appen and Sykes Are Hiring Again
If none of these jobs get your attention, two more nationwide companies we’ve previously written about have re-opened their application floodgates.
- Language technology solutions firm Appen is hiring part-time, work-from-home social media evaluators.
Your turn: Will you apply for one of these work-from-home customer service jobs?
Lisa McGreevy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She’d love to hear about your favorite work-from-home job, so swing by Twitter and look her up @lisah.