These 2 Companies Will Literally Pay You to Help Fight Climate Change
Climate change: Who needs it, right?
We know you want to do your part for the environment, fight climate change and help stave off the impending doom of rising oceans and dying polar bears.
But you don’t exactly want to rely on a horse and buggy for transportation or do all your late-night reading by candlelight, either. We get that.
So we found two ways you can reduce your carbon footprint and barely change the way you consume energy at home. Watt a deal.
Oh, and did we mention these companies will pay you to go green? Yeah.
Take five minutes today to sign up for these two free services to earn money while boosting your clean energy consumption.
1. Get Paid up to $300 to Use Less Energy at Home
California residents can earn $300 a year by syncing their utility accounts to an energy-sharing program called OhmConnect and agreeing to help reduce energy usage by about an hour a week. (Some, like San Diego resident John Hastie, have earned more than $400 a month!)
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a free OhmConnect account, and sync it with your online utility account though Pacific Gas & Electric Company, San Diego Gas & Electric or Southern California Edison.
- Once or twice a week, you’ll receive a text message to participate in an #OhmHour, an hour of reduced energy consumption. Turn down unnecessary lights, hold off on the laundry and the dishwasher and opt for a fan instead of the A/C. It’s a perfect time to go outside, play games on your phone or go to dinner or the movies.
- OhmConnect will pay you in cash for reducing your electricity consumption during #OhmHours
Why? By cutting your electricity use, you help keep demand low and prevent unclean power sources from kicking in.
Your earnings are based on how much power you save. The more you save, the higher your OhmConnect status, which helps you earn even more.
2. Get a $20 Amazon Gift Card for Supporting Clean Energy
Eric Hanson wanted a cleaner energy source, but didn’t have the option in his Maine home — and didn’t want to install pricy solar panels.
So he went with renewable energy company Arcadia Power, which helps you offset your monthly energy consumption with 100% renewable sources.
“On a fundamental level, the power that I use in my house is coming from renewable sources,” Hanson says. “By providing financial support for renewable energy sites, I can disrupt the market. I’m willing to support green growth.”
And, because you’re such a good person, the company will throw in a free $20 Amazon gift card.
You can sign up to qualify for your free gift card in about two minutes.
Get Paid to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint and Fight Climate Change
Going green doesn’t have to mean giving up everything — or anything, really — you love about the 21st century.
Check these companies out to start saving energy and getting paid today.