2 MIN READ
Considering the Medical Field? Become a Virtual Medical Scribe for iScribes
On a dark and stormy night, you hear a faint clicking sound echoing down the corridors of your local hospital. What’s that sound? It’s none other than a medical ghostwriter typing patient reports! <Insert horror movie scream here>
While the job of a medical ghostwriter sounds spooky, it’s actually quite the opposite. In fact, a medical ghostwriter — known as a medical scribe — has become an important part of the patient record-keeping process and a great way to gain medical experience for aspiring physicians. Luckily, you can assist these doctors and gain that experience without leaving your home.
iScribes is looking to hire virtual medical scribes, who will be tasked with helping physicians document patient encounters. These are part-time jobs offering flexible hours.
A medical scribe acts as a personal assistant to physicians, documenting electronic medical records. iScribe virtual medical scribes listen to recorded patient visits and are responsible for updating pertinent medical history, assessment and planning, findings and procedures.
Experience as a medical scribe and knowledge of medical vocabulary is strongly preferred.
iScribes does not operate in the following states: Washington, Oregon, California, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, Hawaii, Colorado, Maryland, New York, Arizona, Connecticut. It also does not operate in Chicago, Washington D.C. or New York City. If you live in one of those states or cities and still wish to apply, iScribe will contact you once they begin operating in your area.
If you don’t see yourself as a medical scribe, don’t worry. Check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Virtual Medical Scribe at iScribes
Pay: $8.50 per hour
- Record medical notes for healthcare providers working eight-hour shifts, three times a week
- Turn in charts before the 12 p.m. deadline the following day
- Work a minimum of 24 hours a week, Monday through Friday, assisting two to three doctors
Applicants for this position must:
- Have passing grades on the candidate assessment
- Pass a background check
- Be a resident and authorized to work in the United States
- Have a typing speed of 60 words per minute
- Have a fast, reliable internet connection and can work in a private or secure location
- Be available for paid training that takes between 60 and 70 days
- Be comfortable using Google suite products (Google Drive, Google Documents, Google Hangouts)
Apply here for the virtual medical scribe at iScribes.
Matt Reinstetle is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.