2 MIN READ
Got a Science Background? Work Remotely Writing MCAT Questions for Kaplan
Those who have taken the MCAT know it can be a daunting test.
But if you’re one of those people who did well on the MCAT and are looking to make some extra money the side, you’ve come to the right place.
Kaplan Test Prep, a provider of standardized test preparation, is currently looking for part-time writers willing to write and edit passages and questions for its Medical College Admissions Test prep programs.
The MCAT is a standardized, multiple-choice exam created by the Association of American Medical Colleges to help medical school admissions offices assess students applying for medical school. The test assesses the student’s problem solving, critical thinking and knowledge of natural, behavioral and social science concepts and principles.
To prepare students for the test, a large volume of high-quality questions is needed in the MCAT sciences (biology, biochemistry, general chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, psychology and sociology). If you feel you have the knowledge and are comfortable working in a fast-paced, remote team, then this job might be for you.
If writing MCAT practice questions for standardized medical exams isn’t your jam but you’re still interested in work-from-home jobs, don’t worry. Check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new jobs there all the time.
MCAT Question Writer at Kaplan Test Prep
Pay: Not Specified
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; an advanced degree is preferred
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Strong writing skills with a focus on descriptive writing
- Ability to meet deadlines and regularly update progress with supervisors
- Comfortable using web collaboration tools (e.g., Google Docs, Hangouts/Skype, GChat/Slack)
- Background in education/instructional fields is preferred
- Experience taking the MCAT, with proven high scores, is preferred
Matt Reinstetle is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.