2 MIN READ
Got Typing Skills? Make $40/Audio Hour With These Remote Transcription Jobs
Do you have mad typing skills and some spare time on your hands? Then you should add work-from-home transcriber to your list of side hustles. National Capitol Contracting currently has remote transcription jobs available.
Remote transcribers for the company earn $40 per audio hour, with the possibility for increased pay.
You must complete a minimum of three audio hours per week. That equates to about 12 hours of work, give or take, depending on your experience and transcription skills.
There are no set hours, so you can choose when and where to work as long as you’re meeting the minimum requirements.
Since NCC provides transcription for the federal government, applicants with previously obtained Public Trust Clearance will be given preference. If you don’t have that, don’t sweat — NCC guides candidates through the process.
If your typing speed can be described as glacial, or if listening to several hours worth of audio isn’t your thing, that’s all right. You can check out our Jobs page on Facebook; we’re always posting new work-from-home opportunities there.
Remote Transcriber at National Capitol Contracting
Pay: $40 per audio hour
- Producing verbatim transcriptions in a timely manner
Applicants for this position must:
- Be able to transcribe a minimum of three audio hours per week
- Have a computer running Windows 7, OS X or higher
- Have a high-speed internet connection
Preferred qualifications include:
- A degree in English, health/medical research, public policy, creative writing or social sciences
- Previous transcription or captioning experience
- Knowledge of AP, MLA and/or Chicago Style guidelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Previously obtained Public Trust Clearance
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus (translation work is occasionally available)
Apply here for the remote transcription job at National Capitol Contracting.
Kaitlyn Blount is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.