Earn $12/Hour to Advocate for Issues You Care About While Working From Home
Want to get paid to work on issues you care about?
NextWave Advocacy is hiring work-from-home political grassroots outreach representatives for telephone outreach on a variety of legislation and policies.
NextWave is a bipartisan firm located near Washington, D.C., that works with companies, trade associations and advocacy groups to educate and mobilize citizens throughout the policymaking process.
Specific legislation is confidential, but a representative from the recruitment team told TPH, “We have worked on projects such as transportation and energy, education, and pharmaceutical work.”
You’ll have the flexibility to select which projects you work on and set your schedule.
This is a work-from-home position with 20 hours a week or more. Pay is $12 per hour. It’s a great fit for college students or stay-at-home parents who want to earn extra money with a flexible schedule.
You won’t do any sales or fundraising in this position. As a caller, you would:
- Inform citizens about a political issue and identify a client’s supporters.
- Educate advocates about the policymaking process and how they can make a difference.
- Assist individuals in expressing their views in a letter and in the mail to federal, state or local officials.
- Capture compelling human interest stories from real people from all parts of the country.
- Offer opportunities to get further involved in current and future grassroots campaigns.
You can also take the three-part writing assessment any time to get paid to write letters and other communications to legislators, but the company isn’t actively recruiting writers right now.
The company works on projects year-round — this isn’t temporary work — but projects ebb and flow with politics.
“We are actively recruiting for political grassroots outreach representatives right now in anticipation for the Trump administration,” NextWave said.
To apply for this position, you should:
- Have excellent written and spoken English.
- Be “pleasant, upbeat and professional” on the phone.
- Have an interest in policy issues and a general knowledge of the legislative process.
- Prior experience in telephone-based work is helpful but not required.
To apply: Fill out the application online here.
Want to be the first to know about other fun and interesting jobs like this? Like The Penny Hoarder Jobs on Facebook to stay in the loop!
Your Turn: Have you found any interesting work-from-home jobs lately?
Dana Sitar (@danasitar) is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She’s written for Huffington Post, Entrepreneur.com, Writer’s Digest and more, attempting humor wherever it’s allowed (and sometimes where it’s not).
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.