2 MIN READ
Upvote This: Ranker Is Filling a Remote Copy Editor Position — Apply Today
Hey copy editors, here’s a gig you might want to upvote.
As a copy editor, you’ll be in charge of making sure images receive proper attribution and the articles are factually and grammatically correct before they get published on the website. Your duties will include verifying facts and sources, giving images proper attribution, spot-checking for plagiarism and using Ranker’s voice and style guide to ensure articles meet set standards.
Hours for this remote contract position sync with the copy desk at Ranker’s Los Angeles Headquarters, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST.
Not interested in being a copy editor? Don’t forget to check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Copy Editor at Ranker
Pay: Not specified
- Proofreading and copy-editing material to ensure content is grammatically correct, fact-checked, free of plagiarism and maintains the website’s voice and style
- Using best practices to make sure images are properly sourced and receive proper attribution
- Be the final set of eyes on content before it gets published
- Reporting to and working with the home office in Los Angeles (hours fall between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. PST)
Applicants for this position must:
- Have at least two years experience in a copy-editing position for a high-profile entertainment, celebrity, movie or television publication (online outlets preferred)
- Have a minimum of two years experience in digital media
- Have a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, film or related major
- Have experience using a voice and style guide to make sure copy is clean, fact-checked, bias-free and legally low-risk
- Have experience doing large-scale cleanup projects to bring older content up to current editorial standards (preferred)
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment for a data-driven publisher
- Have experience using various content management systems
- Have experience working with search engine optimization (preferred)
- Be a problem-solver and great communicator
- Have a love of pop culture
Apply here for the copy editor position at Ranker.
Matt Reinstetle is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.