2 MIN READ
Humana Has a Full-Time Work-From-Home Medical Clerical Position Open
This one is for you health care clerical-support workers living in the Lone Star State.
Humana, the health insurance company, is hiring a utilization management specialist. This is a work-from-home gig with a strong preference for applicants living in Texas. As a UM specialist, you’ll assist your team by performing administrative, operational and/or customer support assignments.
In addition to preferring Texas-based candidates, Humana also has a preference for applicants with a background in healthcare clerical support, including certified nurse aides, medical assistants or people who are familiar with medical coding.
You’ll work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CST.
If this job isn’t your jam, don’t forget to check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
UM Specialist at Humana
Pay: Not specified
- Attaching faxes for chart reviews for the nursing team
- Answering departmental phone calls
- Making outbound calls to members or providers to verify information
- Documenting phone calls
- Making requests to providers and facilities for clinical information
- Sending written messages
- Collaborating with different departments, team members and providers
Applicants for this position must:
- Have a high school diploma (bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related field preferred)
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have impeccable phone etiquette
- Have a high-speed DSL or cable internet modem for a home office (no satellite internet service allowed) with internet speed of 10 Mbps
- Be a Texas Resident (preferred)
- Have a clerical background in a health care environment, such as experience as a certified nurse aide, medical assistant or medical coding (preferred)
- Be familiar with medical terminology and ICD-10 codes (preferred)
- Have experience working in a call center (a plus)
- Have a CNA or medical assistant background (a plus)
Apply here for the UM specialist position at Humana.
Matt Reinstetle is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.