Make Up to $30 an Hour With Online Tutoring Jobs With Revolution Prep
If you’ve got a passion for teaching and like the idea of working from home, it might be time to ditch the commute and opt for a virtual classroom.
Online tutoring jobs are a great way for teachers to earn extra money, but these openings aren’t side gigs; they’re full-time positions.
Again, this is a full-time, work-from-home job, and applicants must be willing to commit to at least one year of employment.
Online tutors for Revolution Prep can set their own hours, but must provide at least 35 hours of availability a week, with a goal of averaging 28 hours of tutoring each week. Availability has to be set during “prime tutoring hours”: Monday through Friday, 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. PST; Saturday, 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST; and Sunday, 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. PST.
If you can get get down with that, the pay is $25 to $30 per hour including bonuses, and tutors are eligible for benefits such as medical, dental, vision and a 401(k).
Applicants with expertise in various subjects are welcome to apply, but Revolution Prep has a high need for tutors in chemistry, physics, biology, college-level macro/micro economics, LSAT, algebra II, trigonometry, pre-calculus, calculus AB/BC, statistics, Spanish and French.
In addition to teaching a specialized subject, all Revolution Prep tutors are required to teach SAT/ACT test preparation. If you don’t have experience with that, it’s OK — the company provides training.
If your teaching skills are equivalent to Ms. Trunchbull’s or you don’t meet the requirements for this gig, don’t worry. Check out our Jobs page on Facebook — it’s full of work-from-home job opportunities.
Online Professional Tutor at Revolution Prep
Pay: $25 to $30 per hour, including bonuses
- Providing one-on-one and small group tutoring to students in grades 6 through 12
- Creating individualized lesson plans for private tutoring sessions that incorporate Revolution Prep’s curricula
- Managing schedules and goals for multiple students at once
- Providing weekly updates to parents
- Attending weekly online professional development sessions
- Contributing to the development of new curriculum
Applicants for this position must have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Previous teaching experience
- Experience creating lesson plans
- Ability to teach consecutive tutoring sessions during peak hours and on weekends
- High-speed internet
- A quiet, professional home office space for online sessions
- Ability to commit at least one year of full-time employment
- An advanced degree
- Foreign language teaching skills
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental and vision
- Disability and life insurance
- A 401(k)
Apply here for the online professional tutor job at Revolution Prep.
Kaitlyn Blount is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.