2 MIN READ
Amazon is Hiring More Seasonal Reps to Work From Home (You’ll Make $10/Hr)
If you’ve ever thought to yourself, “I love Amazon so much I wish I could work there,” now’s your chance.
The online retailer is once again hiring Amazonians in 25 states (seriously, that’s what Amazon employees are called).
This is a full-time seasonal work-from-home customer service job available to applicants who live in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin or Virginia.
(In case you’re wondering why you have to live in a certain state to apply for a remote job, it has to do with things like employment tax laws and work space regulations.)
The job pays $10.00 per hour for up to 60 hours a week, plus the opportunity for a bonus. The position also includes paid training.
Be aware, seasonal employees are temporary workers. While there may be opportunities for long-term employment, the job description notes that workers “may remain with Amazon in a temporary capacity for up to six months, depending on business need.”
In other words, this position could turn into a more permanent position, but it may also last only a few weeks or a couple of months.
Even so, with the company’s “dedicated resources to support your ongoing growth and development,” this customer service job is worth checking out.
Requirements for This Work-From-Home Job with Amazon
Before you rush over to apply for this job, make sure you meet certain criteria including:
- Must live in one of the 25 states listed above
- Ability to work an assigned schedule that may include weekends, any or all major holidays and mandatory overtime
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fluent English language proficiency
- 1+ years of experience in a service environment
- Thorough understanding of how to use the internet, multiple browsers, instant messaging and email
- Computer requirements include a 64-bit operating system, Windows 7, direct high-speed internet connection via Ethernet cable and more
If you land the job, you’ll receive a contingent offer letter for employment and an email invitation to attend a Virtual Amazon Hiring Event.
Once you accept the offer, Amazon ships you out a headset and you’re ready to get started.
Amazon’s Seasonal Associate Benefits
A benefits package is available to all full and part-time U.S.-based seasonal employees, family members and domestic partners. It includes:
- Medical coverage after 90 days
- Shift pay differential
- Flexible and predictable work schedules
- Opportunities for overtime and year-round employment
When you’re ready to apply to become an Amazon Customer Service Associate, head over here to start the application process.
Your turn: Have you ever worked a remote customer service job? Did you enjoy it?
Lisa McGreevy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She’s always looking for work-from-home job leads to share with readers. Look her up on Twitter @lisah if you’ve got a hot tip.