Thousands of Jobs For the 2020 Census Are Now Open. Here’s How to Apply
Here’s your chance to count yourself among the employed.
As the U.S. Census Bureau gears up for the 2020 count, it is hiring thousands of temporary workers across the country.
To be eligible for the jobs, which include census takers, office staff and recruiting assistants, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a U.S. citizen who’s at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number and email address.
- Pass a criminal background check, including fingerprinting.
- Have the flexibility to work days, evening and weekends.
- If you’re a male born after Dec. 31, 1959, you must be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption.
- Be able to count to 328,665, 245. Just kidding — that’s a little census humor for you.
Pay rates vary by position and location, but you can find the ranges for your state and county via an electronic form on the census site.
If this sounds like the gig for you, fill out the online application.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder who covers interesting careers and job benefits.