3 MIN READ
Want to Work From Home AND Pay Off Your Student Loans? Apply for These Jobs
If you’re a regular Penny Hoarder reader, you’ve also probably heard of — or even used — Student Loan Hero.
We’ve written about this nifty online service before. Student Loan Hero has helped thousands of current and former students pay off more than $1 billion in debt, and its website is packed with information and advice.
Now, it’s hiring work-from-home employees including a full-time content writer — which comes with some really amazing benefits.
In fact, this job was open back in July. One of our readers/freelancers emailed us to let us know she actually landed the gig. Awesome job, Kat!
But lucky for all you other job seekers who want to work from home, the company is hiring another full-time content writer — plus three other positions.
Working at Student Loan Hero as a Content Writer
Your job will contribute to helping people pay off their student loans. Your responsibility? Write useful blog posts that dole out advice and answer reader questions.
Your writing could also be featured on other sites like Forbes, Huffington Post and Entrepreneur.
Qualifications include at least two years of online writing experience, and you should feel comfortable writing about student loans and personal finance.
You get an extra star on your application if you have experience interviewing sources, promoting blog posts on social media, understand best SEO practices and know your way around WordPress.
9 Mind-Boggling Employee Benefits at Student Loan Hero
The salary is competitive, based on experience and location. And the employee benefits are… well, just take a look:
- This position is fully remote. You can work from the comfort of your home or a Tahitian shoreline. (We wish.)
- Speaking of Tahiti, you get unlimited vacation days.
- And if you can’t focus, Student Loan Hero will reimburse you up to $500 per month for a remote office space.
- Set your own work hours. If you’re your sharpest at 3 a.m., clock in.
- The company 100% matches up to 3% of your annual salary to pay off your own student loan debt. If you’re in the clear, start a retirement account instead.
- You’ll get to own part of the company — 0.05% to 0.15%.
- If you’re a bookworm, you can get up to $100 per month for any continuing education, including courses and books.
- You’ll get a $2,000 technology stipend for a new laptop or whatever might help you work.
- Health is important, so you’ll get up to $450 per month to cover health insurance and gym membership fees.
With these benefits, this full-time, work-from-home position surely won’t be open — again — for long. Read the full listing, and apply online or via LinkedIn.
If you’re not a writer, no worries. Student Loan Hero is filling three other positions including a digital editor (remote), conversion copywriter and digital product manager.
So make like Kat, and apply to these positions today!
Your Turn: What’s your favorite benefit with this job?
Carson Kohler (@CarsonKohler) is a junior writer at The Penny Hoarder. After recently completing graduate school, she focuses on saving money — and surviving the move back in with her parents.