Good With Numbers? Apply for This Part-Time Work From-Home Accounting Job
I am not a math person.
In fact, I’m the furthest thing from a math person.
In college, when I learned that my degree track was heavy with math courses (OK, I knew, but reality finally slapped me in the face sank in), I did a 180, changed majors and went with my first, true and only love: writing.
But in this world there are word people and there are number people, and while both are wildly important to the continuation of a peaceful humanity, this particular job opportunity is for number people.
That’s right, folks.
We’re talking bookkeeping.
Client Services Accountant at Supporting Strategies
Supporting Strategies offers outsourced bookkeeping and controller operations support to businesses.
The company is currently hiring part-time client services accountants in 13 states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Tennessee and Texas.
- Working with multiple clients, learning their businesses and optimizing workflow
- Setting up clients on a cloud-based platform
- Assisting with onboarding, including cleaning up new client books, implementing cloud-based tools and documenting client-specific processes
- Managing accounts receivable and payable
- Handling bookkeeping entries and closing the books monthly
- Possibly handling payroll, HR and administration tasks
Applicants for this position must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- At least five years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting
- Experience working with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing, positive demeanor
- The ability to deal with demanding clients
- The ability to handle confidential information on a regular basis
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Personal initiative, strong organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Technical know-how and an ability to master new hardware and software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To apply for one of these positions, go here and use the arrows to see each page of job listings in order to find your state.
Grace Schweizer is a junior writer at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.