Work From Home
Live in AR, AL, FL, GA, KS, NC, OK, TX, VA? Check Out These Jobs
Working from home is the dream, right?
You never have to get out of your pajamas, you never have to make a long and terrible commute and you never forget your lunch (unless you forget to go to the grocery store, but if that’s the case, I can’t help you).
All jokes aside, though, working from home can mean so much more than just PJs and all-day fridge runs.
It can mean freedom and flexibility, additional financial empowerment or just the peace of mind of a steady stream of income for those who can’t be in a traditional work environment.
Add it all up and it means that people can free up some time and money to live life on their own terms — and we think that’s pretty great!
So today, we found a company that’s hiring people to work from home as customer service representatives in nine U.S. states.
Here’s why some work-from-home jobs have state restrictions.
Customer Service Representative for ABC Financial
ABC Financial provides membership management software to health clubs and gyms.
The company is currently looking for customer service representatives to work from home in nine states: Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia.
Pay: Competitive, with added monthly incentives
Schedule: Full time, with set work schedules between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. CT and weekends off
- Handling inbound and outbound calls
- Dealing with payment delinquencies and disputes
- Helping fitness club members and staff with billing and payment issues and contract questions
- Reviewing accounts and answering customer questions
- Maintaining individual standards, including an average talk time of 315 seconds or less on member calls
Applicants for this position must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Live in Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas or Virginia
- Have a stable work history
- Be willing and able to work an assigned schedule
- Have at least one year of call center experience
- Have excellent verbal communication skills
- Have experience with AS400 and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be able to stay confident and upbeat in stressful situations
- Be empathetic to customer needs
- A quiet, dedicated home office space
- A hard-wired, high-speed internet connection with a download speed greater than 5 Mbps and an upload speed greater than 2.0 Mbps
- Computer with Windows 8.1 or above, 500 MB of free hard-drive space and at least 1 GB RAM free
- Camera for training and video conferencing
- Headset with earphone and microphone
- 100% paid training with bonus structure
- A 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
Grace Schweizer is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.