Work From Home
Amex Is Hiring Experienced Phone Reps to Serve Small-Business Customers
Listen, we’ve all had those days when slipping out of pajamas and braving the morning commute seems like a Sisyphean task.
With this full-time work-from-home gig, you’ll never have that feeling again. And the benefits aren’t too shabby, either.
American Express is hiring virtual customer-care professionals in every U.S. state but California, Alaska and Hawaii.
As a customer care professional, you’d be joining American Express’s 24/7 call center to help answer customer questions and resolve account issues.
Paid training will begin Feb. 25, 2019, with shift hours made available after 90 days.
If this doesn’t sound like the right fit for you – or if you live in California, Alaska, or Hawaii – then don’t forget to check out our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal. We post new opportunities there all the time — and we vet them, too.
Customer Care Pro at American Express
Pay: Not specified
- Answering calls in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing general and account-specific questions from customers, providing customers with clear and concise account information and updating accounts when necessary.
- Using the American Express Relationship Care philosophy by finding unique solutions to customer issues, touting the benefits of being a cardholder and providing relevant offers for members.
- Using tools and resources to anticipate customer needs and address solutions.
- Helping small business owners and others choose the best American Express product.
- Ongoing development of key sales skills, including building relationships, understanding customer needs and closing sales.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma (required), Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- At least two years’ experience in customer service or sales.
- The resilience to manage a stream of phone calls while also balancing performances across a variety of metrics.
- Passion for sales and technical savviness to navigate a Windows-based system.
- A quiet, secure home office equipped with broadband cable or fiber optic internet service with 25 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed, plus an analog landline phone, preferably with a modem.
- Paid training
- Flexible scheduling
- Health benefits
- Parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Equipment installation fee reimbursements and monthly phone and internet stipends.
Alex Mahadevan is a data journalist at The Penny Hoarder.