Work From Home
AppleCare Needs Customer Service Reps Who Speak English and Canadian French
Parlez-vous français? That’s great, but let’s take it one step further.
Are you fluent in both English and Canadian French? Now we’re talking.
Apple is hiring work-from-home customer relations advisors for AppleCare — but applicants must meet the Canadian French fluency requirement.
The job requires a pre-employment assessment and background check, along with previous customer service experience, effective communication skills and the ability to type 40 words per minute.
Applicants must have a flexible schedule that allows them to work between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CST, as well as holiday availability. If hired, there are seven to eight weeks of training on a fixed schedule, but no word on the specific hours.
AppleCare Customer Relations Advisor at Apple
Pay: Not specified
- Analyzing and resolving AppleCare customer issues
- Identifying recurring product or customer problems
- Using multiple work systems and apps simultaneously
Applicants for this position must have:
- Fluency in Canadian French and English
- At least two years of customer service experience
- Ability to type 40 words per minute
- Stellar time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A quiet, home workspace
- High-speed internet service
- Health and wellness plans
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
- Eligibility to participate in stock plan
Kaitlyn Blount is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.