Work From Home
Attention, West Coast: These Software Support Gigs Come With Great Benefits
Git these software engineering gigs while they’re hot.
Software development platform GitHub needs numerous tech support engineers on the West Coast to join its global support team.
To qualify for one of these full-time remote positions, some previous customer service experience is required. Applicants also need to be able to communicate effectively in English and have exposure to a programming language such as Ruby.
Applicants should have basic experience using GitHub as well as the open-source software it’s based on, Git. (Git is similar in concept to Google Docs — but for source code and software development. It’s a code repository where all developers and programmers can access the same code and see its full history and track changes.)
GitHub offers its employees extensive benefits, including 100% company-paid premiums on health, dental and vision insurance coverage, 401(k) plan with 4% company match, learning stipends, unlimited paid time off, flexible parental leave and more.
Technical Support Engineer at GitHub
Pay: Not specified.
- Troubleshooting customer concerns related to Git, Github and its desktop applications.
- Tracking down bugs and documenting complaints and problems.
- Coordinating with the engineering team to tackle software problems.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Previous experience in a customer service role.
- Some hands-on experience with Git and GitHub software.
- Basic knowledge of how websites and web applications work.
- A residence in the Western U.S.
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% premium coverage).
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% employer match.
- Learning stipend, plus company-supplied Kindle for ebooks.
- Five months of flexible parental leave.
- Unlimited paid time off.