Work From Home
Cranky Concierge Is Hiring People to Book Travel Arrangements (Pays $15/Hr)
Grumpy travelers are the worst.
In order to turn that frown upside down, you need not only the skills to handle the details of a last-minute flight but also the calm demeanor to soothe a frustrated customer.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge, Cranky Concierge is hiring full- and part-time travel architects. Bonus: You get to tell your family you’re an architect. (Your secret is safe with us.)
In this role, you’ll book flights using air miles or regular old money, then arrange hotels, car rentals and more.
And when those flights get cancelled, or one of those grumpy travelers misses a connection, you’ll need your easy-going attitude as you help make things right.
The only location requirement is someplace quiet, but the job posting says preference will be given to those living in California, Colorado, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, Tennessee, Utah or Virginia, since the company already has people working in those states.
Travel Architect at Cranky Concierge
Pay: $15 to $18 per hour
- Using a variety of tools and sites to book flights and to resolve travel issues.
- Answering clients’ questions via phone and email.
- Using online chat for internal communication.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Creativity to come up with unique solutions to travel conundrums.
- Professional manner when dealing with customers.
- PC and internet — Android phone is preferable.
- Ability to work shifts that last into the evening — around 9:30 p.m. EST.
- Background check, since you’ll be dealing with sensitive data.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Simple IRA.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder who covers interesting careers and job benefits.