Work From Home
Create Captions for Cute Dog Photos as a Freelance Writer for WeRateDogs
This is a heckin’ good freelance gig. Yes, 13/10. Good job.
WeRateDogs, a popular social media meme page and merchandise shop, needs a freelance doggo lover to view photo submissions of adorable dogs, write captions and rate them on a scale of one to 14 out of 10 (i.e. 10/10 is meh, 13/10 is for very good pups.)
To qualify, you should have at least six months of experience writing creative copy; social media savvy — especially with Twitter; and familiarity with collaborative tools such as Airtable and Slack.
Your application should be submitted via email to [email protected]. Be sure to include your resume, a cover letter, your expected freelance rate and a link to your writing samples (these can be successful Tweets or a more formal portfolio). You should also include a caption sample for the photo of the pup included on the second page of the job description. Your email subject line should be “Freelance Writer Position.”
Applicants in Los Angeles are preferred. However, there are no hard location restrictions mentioned.
Freelance Writer at WeRateDogs
- Producing caption ideas for 20 dog photos per week.
- Giving and receiving creative feedback on a team of writers.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At last six months of experience writing creative copy.
- A strong understanding of social media and online collaboration tools.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job