Work From Home
Dish Is Hiring Customer Service Reps — Benefits Include Free TV Services
It’s the ultimate couch potato gig.
Dish is hiring work-from-home customer experience representatives for its satellite TV and internet services.
You’ll need superb problem-solving skills to handle billing issues and technical troubleshooting, as well as excellent multi-tasking abilities to take back-to-back calls while recording customer information.
To apply for one of these jobs, you must live in Arizona or Virginia. Here’s why some work-from-home jobs are restricted by state.
The job requires flexible scheduling, including weekends, holiday and evenings.
Customer Experience Representative at Dish
- Answering customer questions about services, orders and installations
- Providing technical assistance with hardware and programming
- Accepting payments and explaining charges
- Selling and upgrading packages
- Handling irate customers in a professional manner
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Six months of customer service experience is preferred
- Proficient in Windows OS and internet search engines
- Analytical, organizational and time-management skills
- PC that is less than 7 years old — no custom-builts, Apples or ChromeBooks — with AMD 64-bit processor, 4GB RAM, USB 2.0 ports and video ports
- Mobile device with a video camera and access to Google Play or Apple store
- Internet connection with 7 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload — wired is preferred (the cruel irony? Satellite internet services are not allowed.)
- Two monitors — one must be 19 inches or larger, the other can be a laptop display
- Dedicated workspace free of distractions (preferably a separate room)
- Web camera
- USB headset and flash drive
Benefits at Dish include:
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Free subscription to Dish and SlingTV services
How to Apply:
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer who covers interesting careers, job benefits and work-from-home opportunities for The Penny Hoarder.