This Airline’s Hiring Work-From-Home Sales Agents And Includes Free Travel
Ready to soar to new heights with a career in aviation?
The jobs pay $12.33 an hour and offers the standard benefits, as well as a generous employee travel program that lets you enjoy unlimited free standby flights.
You must live within 100 miles of the company’s call center in Boise, Idaho, where you’ll need to go for training and occasional in-office work. And during training, you’ll have to pass weekly exams before you can earn your reservation agent wings.
The airline has previously sought reservation agents in Arizona.
The call center is open 24/7/365, so you’ll need the flexibility to work weekends, holidays and late nights, answering incoming calls and assisting customers.
You’ll also be part of a union, which requires initiation fees and monthly dues.
And like any good pre-flight instruction, Alaska Airlines’ post reminds you that smoking is prohibited throughout the cabin: You must be nicotine-free for the past six months — that includes nicotine patches and gum.
If this job doesn’t engage you in a flight of fancy, just check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Reservations Sales Agent at Alaska Airlines
- Answering calls, assisting customers with new and existing reservations
- Dealing with questions, complaints and other issues in a professional and courteous manner
- Helping customers resolve technical issues with the website and on their mobile devices
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- The ability to use changing technologies and applications
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Fluency in Spanish (a plus)
- A dedicated phone line
- A hard-wired, high-speed internet connection
- Health insurance, including medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Potential monthly and annual incentive bonuses; most employees just received a bonus of about 7% of their annual pay for 2017.
Apply here for the reservations sales agent job at Alaska Airlines.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. Her seat is perpetually in the upright position.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.