Work From Home
Help New Parents With a VIPdesk Remote Customer Care Job ($15/Hour)
Want to help frazzled new parents attempting to use the devices that are supposed to help them?
VIPdesk Connect is hiring a customer care representative — aka brand ambassador. You’ll be working exclusively for Owlet Care, which sells infant care products like monitors and heart rate trackers. For this job, you’ll respond to customers via phone, chat, email and SMS, helping them place and track orders, answering questions about the products, troubleshooting technical issues and assisting with warranty returns.
You must currently reside in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia or Wisconsin. (Here’s why some jobs have state restrictions.)
Full-time team members are scheduled between the hours of 2 p.m. and 12 a.m. EST up to five days per week and will be scheduled for one weekend shift (Saturday or Sunday) each week.
The next paid training class is scheduled to begin around February 4. You’ll remotely attend daily classes Monday through Friday, from 2 to 9 p.m. EST.
Customer Care Representative at VIPdesk Connect
- Providing customer assistance using a friendly and professional tone.
- Assisting with and troubleshooting device installation, network connectivity and app setup.
- Maintaining discretion and confidentiality in regards to company data and proprietary information.
- Accurately documenting details of interactions with customers.
- Attending meetings and trainings about client’s products’ new features and functions to provide effective support.
- Meeting or exceeding program metrics.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school degree or equivalent (some college preferred).
- At least two years of customer service experience — virtual and consumer sales experience is a plus
- At least six months of technical support experience.
- Strong comfort level with desktop platforms and mobile devices (experience troubleshooting apps on both iOS and Android platforms is preferred).
- Experience working with Bright Pattern, Zendesk or comparable customer service ticketing system is preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to type at least 35 words per minute.
- Computer system that meets VIPdesk Connect policies and maintenance requirements.
- A home-based office that is free from distractions.
- Ability to successfully pass credit, criminal and employment references security checks where allowed by state and local regulations.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.