Work From Home
Help Solve Computer Problems as a Technical Support Rep for ABC Financial
If you know the difference between a router and a modem, check out this gig.
ABC Financial, which provides membership management software to health clubs and gyms, is hiring a technical support representative. Responsibilities for this position include handling inbound and outbound calls to help troubleshoot customers’ hardware and software issues.
You’ll be expected to maintain department and individual standards, including meeting a minimum quality assurance of 80% and keeping call lengths under 15 minutes.
Applicants need to have a high school diploma, two-plus years of technical support experience in a call center-type environment and a suitable home workspace. The start date for this position is May 2.
Though it’s a remote job, applicants must live in one of the following nine states: Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas or Virginia. (Here’s why some work-from-home jobs have state restrictions.)
Technical Support Representative at ABC Financial
Pay: Not specified
- Creating tickets for tracking clients’ computer problems
- Handling inbound and outbound calls
- Reviewing reported issues and answering client questions
- Using deductive reasoning skills to solve problems in a timely manner
Applicants for this position must:
- Have a high school diploma
- Have two-plus years’ experience in a technical support call center environment
- Live in Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas or Virginia
- Have linear troubleshooting skills
- Be familiar with the concepts of networking modems and routers
- Be familiar and comfortable with using all Windows operating systems
- Be able to create, find and modify fact-based articles
- Have good grammar and a professional demeanor on the phone
- Have experience working from home (beneficial)
- Be bilingual (a plus)
- Have a suitable home working environment
- Have a high-speed internet connection
- Be able to procure a mobile phone that is able to receive voice, email, text and connect to ABC’s enterprise email server
- Have basic math skills
Matt Reinstetle is a former staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.