Work From Home
Help Solve Computer Problems as a Technical Support Rep
If you know the difference between a router and a modem, check out this gig.
ABC Fitness Solutions, which provides membership management software to health clubs and gyms, is hiring a technical support representative. Responsibilities for this position include handling inbound and outbound calls to help troubleshoot customers’ hardware and software issues.
You’ll be expected to maintain department and individual standards, including meeting a minimum quality assurance of 80% and keeping call lengths under 15 minutes.
Applicants need to have a high school diploma, two-plus years of technical support experience in a call center-type environment and a suitable home workspace.
Technical Support Representative at ABC Fitness Solutions
- Creating tickets for tracking clients’ computer problems.
- Handling inbound and outbound calls.
- Reviewing reported issues and answering client questions.
- Using deductive reasoning skills to solve problems in a timely manner.
Applicants for this position must:
- Have a high school diploma.
- Have two-plus years’ experience in a technical support call center environment.
- Have linear troubleshooting skills.
- Be familiar with the concepts of networking modems and routers.
- Be familiar and comfortable with using all Windows operating systems.
- Be able to create, find and modify fact-based articles.
- Have good grammar and a professional demeanor on the phone.
- Have experience working from home (beneficial).
- Be bilingual (a plus).
- Have a suitable home working environment with a high-speed internet connection.
- Paid time off.
- Paid training.
- A 401(k) plan with company match.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Matt Reinstetle is a former staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.