Work From Home
Help Students on Their Education Path as a Customer Support Rep for Kaplan
Interested in the education field but know teaching is not your thing? You can still support students on their educational journey.
Kaplan — a major provider of test prep services, educational programs and professional certifications — is hiring a remote customer support specialist to answer inbound calls, emails and web-based chats with students and clients regarding Kaplan’s products and services.
This role only requires a high school diploma or GED and one year of experience, preferably in a call center environment or as a customer relations specialist.
Customer Support Specialist at Kaplan
- Responding to inbound calls, emails or chats from students and clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Troubleshooting student issues — escalating complaints as necessary.
- Accurately entering information into the company’s order entry system.
- Documenting student and client interactions.
- Upselling products and services when appropriate.
Applicants for this position must have:
A high school diploma or GED.
- At least one year of work experience, preferably in a call center environment or in a customer relations role.
- Stellar communications skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Gmail.
- The ability to multitask, work as a team and be self-motivated in a remote work environment.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Nicole Dow is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder.