Work From Home
It Pays to Be Social With This Social Media Manager Job at Upwork
On the hunt for a work-from-home job in the social media world?
If you have professional experience managing multiple social media channels — including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube — then check out this social media manager job at Upwork.
Upwork, a global freelancing platform that connects businesses and professionals with freelancers, is hiring a social media manager on a contract basis. The social media manager is responsible for managing the editorial calendar, writing and posting content and monitoring community engagement.
The ideal candidate should have excellent writing skills, a strong passion for social media and experience developing and implementing social media campaigns that spark a buzz.
Social Media Manager at Upwork
Pay: Not specified
- Managing the social media editorial calendar, including writing and posting content.
- Closely working with partners to optimize marketing, sales, PR and operations campaigns via social media.
- Overseeing the daily operation of the employee advocacy program.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest technical changes and social media trends.
- Monitoring community discussions and fostering engagement.
- Collaborating with the customer support team to identify issues and refine processes as needed.
- Developing the messaging for policy changes and new features.
- Using community interactions and feedback to identify and resolve issues.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Excellent writing, multitasking and interpersonal skills.
- Professional experience managing social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Experience developing and implementing engaging online campaigns.
- A passion for social media and active accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (preferred).
- Experience with Vimeo and SlideShare (preferred).
- Experience with social media management tools, such as Buffer, TweetDeck and Lithium Response (preferred).
- Experience with communication tools such as Gmail, Google Docs, and Slack (preferred).
Jessica Gray is an editorial assistant at The Penny Hoarder. Read her other articles and full bio here.