Work From Home
Keep the Dating World Free of Scams as a Community Moderator at OKCupid
Dating apps are a great way to break the ice. It’s nice to know a little about someone before meeting them instead of awkwardly fumbling over the “So, uh… Where did you go to high school?” kinds of questions.
But if you’ve ever used a dating app, you’re probably aware of other issues like catfishing and unwanted private messages.
OKCupid is trying to put an end to that. It’s hiring a full-time, temporary community moderator who will be in charge of screening profiles, photos and messages for violations of the company’s terms of service. This position is expected to last three months and may lead to a full-time role after the contract is completed.
The gig requires two years of website-moderation or fraud-prevention experience, and second-language fluency is a huge bonus — especially if it’s Hebrew, Hindi, Tagalog, Arabic or German.
Working hours are generally flexible, but you’ll be expected to be available sometime over the weekend.
In your application, include a “well-written cover letter” that shows your excitement to work for OKCupid. (If you need some help writing your letter, follow our guide.)
Community Moderator at OKCupid
Pay: Not specified
- Reviewing a queue of photos, messages and profiles to detect scammers, harassers and fraudsters.
- Removing users who violate the company’s terms of service.
- Dealing with reports on sensitive topics with tact and respect.
- Collaborating closely on issues that involve the legal and support teams.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Two years of website moderation or digital fraud-prevention experience.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible scheduling.