Work From Home
Live in Pennsylvania? This Remote Job With Progressive Could Be for You
Do you have the inner Flo dwelling within you?
If you dream of being the perky Progressive spokeswoman, you could get one step closer without leaving your couch by becoming a customer service representative for Progressive Insurance.
To snag one of these full-time jobs working from home, you must live within 60 miles of Detroit, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, or Raleigh, N.C.. (Here’s why companies restrict location for work-from-home jobs.) These positions require at least one year of relevant college or work experience. Previous contact center and remote work experience is preferred.
Progressive will provide you the virtual training and the equipment, but you’ll need to be physically connected to the Internet via a modem or cable — no wireless connection allowed.
The start dates are Dec. 3 or Dec. 17, with training from Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. EST. (Note: all locations train virtually on EST.) There are three schedule options, with start times between 8 a.m. and noon, local time. All schedules include working at least one weekend day.
Customer Service Representative at Progressive
Pay: $15.00 to $19.00 per hour.
You earn an extra 10-15% shift-differential pay when you work evenings or weekends. You can also receive up to 16% of your salary as a bonus, based on company performance. Top performers can also earn cash payouts.
- Answering customer questions about billing, policy coverage and products
- Assisting customers with purchasing, renewing, canceling or reinstating policies
- Helping customers manage their accounts, such as adding or deleting vehicles and drivers from a policy
Applicants for this position must have:
- The right location. You must live within 60 miles of one of the cities
- A year or more of college education or work experience in customer service
- An internet connection via DSL or a cable modem; the connection cannot be wireless
- A surge protector — you’ll need one for connecting the Progressive hardware
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Computer skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Standard benefits like medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with 6% match
- Paid time off after your first two weeks
- Paid training and career development, and tuition assistance
- You can join Progressive’s wellness program, which offers discounts and rewards
To apply to the position near Detroit, click here.
To apply to the position near Las Vegas, click here.
To apply to the position near Pittsburgh, click here.
To apply to the position near Raleigh, N.C., click here.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.