Work From Home
Paging Medical Coders: Franciscan Health Is Filling a Full-Time Position
Paging medical coders: You’re needed in the health records department.
Franciscan Health, a health care group located throughout Indiana, Illinois and Michigan, is hiring a medical coder. This position is full time, available to anyone in the U.S. and requires zero to one year of experience in the field.
As a coder, you’ll review and analyze medical records to ensure all diagnoses and procedures are accurately documented with ICD and CPT codes.
Applicants are required to have one or more of the following medical coding certifications: Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
People who succeed in the role need to have strong attention to detail, thorough knowledge of coding, medical terminology, compliance guidelines, reimbursement plans and anatomy/physiology.
If you’re interested in medical coding but don’t know where to start, check out our overview on how to become a medical coder.
Coder at Franciscan Health
Pay: Not specified
- Reviewing and analyzing the content of medical records.
- Assigning ICD procedure and diagnosis codes, CPT procedure codes.
- Answering coding questions from hospitals, doctors and peers.
- Meeting coding productivity goals.
- Keeping up-to-date with coding and industry changes.
Applicants for this position must:
- Have between zero to one year of experience.
- Have one or more of the following medical coding certifications: CCS, RHIT or RHIA.
Matt Reinstetle is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.