Work From Home
Philips Is Hiring a Technical Support Specialist With 5 Years of IT Experience
Put your technical skills to use helping heal others with this job at Philips.
The light bulb company-turned-health tech company is hiring a full-time technical support specialist for its Healthcare Information System division.
You’ll need at least five years of healthcare IT experience for this remote position, which may require travel for training and occasional on-site support.
Technical Support Specialist at Philips
- Troubleshooting and resolving multiple technical system and application issues, prioritizing according to severity and impact.
- Collaborating with customer care experts, radiologists, cardiologists and clinical, administrative and IT staff to resolve customer-reported issues.
- Documenting issues and corrective actions taken.
- Participating in scheduled on-call shift rotations.
- Engaging third-party vendor support per standard operating procedures.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Degree in IT-related field
- At least five years of healthcare IT experience, including experience supporting PACS, RIS or other clinical healthcare IT system.
- Experience providing remote software support.
- Proficiency using database systems like Oracle/MS SQL server.
- Knowledge of HL7, DICOM and other IHE-related protocols.
- Mirth Foundation certification.
- Technical knowledge of Windows operating systems and Hyper-V.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%).
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company-matched 401(k).
- Health Savings account with company contribution.
- Three weeks vacation and up to 11 paid holidays per year.
- Paid maternity, parental and caregiver leave.
- Education reimbursement up to $10,000 per year.
- One day off per year to volunteer in your community.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Be sure to browse other job listings in our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal. We post new opportunities all the time — and we vet them, too.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.