Work From Home
Speak a Language Besides English? TEDx Is Hiring a Media Screener
What’s your favorite TEDx talk?
If you’re stumped because you have so many favorites, this entry-level job could be perfect for you.
TEDx is looking for a media screener to evaluate the 500-plus talks that are produced weekly.
For this remote contract job you’ll need a strict attention to detail, a discerning eye and the ability to articulate well-formed opinions since you’ll need to identify the best and most urgent talks to promote. You’ll also need to be fluent in English and at least one other language.
And they won’t accept any applications that don’t include a cover letter. Not sure how to do that? No worries, we have an easy three-step guide for writing a cover letter.
Media Screener at TEDx
- Evaluating talks put forward by the TEDx community.
- Learning to screen content to ensure it falls within established guidelines.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Excellent writing and perception skills.
- Media savviness.
- Ability to work 30 to 40 hours per week starting in March or April.
- Fluency in English and at least one other language — preferably Portuguese, Japanese, Italian, Arabic, French, German or Mandarin
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.