Work From Home
Tech-Savvy and a Good Writer? This Content Job With GitHub Could Be For You
You’re a software savant. You simplify the complex. Put your superpowers to use.
This position requires collaborating with other members of the documentation team to write and edit technical information and instructional documents in a way that makes it easy for even new users to understand.
Although GitHub has employees distributed around the world, the company does restrict hiring to 33 states and the District of Columbia: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
(Here’s why some companies have state restrictions for work-from-home jobs.)
Core Content Writer at GitHub
- Writing technical content to help GitHub users
- Editing other team members’ content
- Collaborate with product documentation team to develop content based on user feedback and product goals
Applicants for this position must have:
- Ability to create and edit user-friendly technical content
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when collaborating with teams spread across various locations
- Great organizational and planning skills
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance, with 100% premium coverage
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual learning stipend
- Free gym memberships
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She covers interesting careers, job benefits and work-from-home opportunities. Find her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.