Work From Home
This East Coast Customer Support Gig Comes With Benefits and Flexible Hours
Looking for a job that comes with great benefits?
Close.io, the customer relationship management software company, is hiring a customer support specialist. This full-time remote gig will operate on the Eastern time zone and set their own schedule.
Some of the notable benefits include 99% paid premiums for health insurance and a twice-a-year, all-expense-paid retreat to meet your fellow remote coworkers.
Once hired, you’ll focus on email customer support. Using the phone may be required if the customer’s issue cannot be solved via email or screen shares. You’ll be part of a team of three customer service specialists working from the same ticket queue.
It’ll be up to you to provide individualized responses to customers’ problems and avoid using canned answers. As a full-time remote position, you’ll communicate with your coworkers via Slack, Zoom and email.
Candidates are required to have a native-level proficiency of the English language and be able to communicate with customers via email, chat and phone. Having an undergraduate degree in computer science and junior-level experience as a software engineer or web developer is a plus.
Customer Support Specialist — U.S. East Coast at Close.io
Pay: Not specified
- Helping customers via email support (over-the-phone help when issues cannot be solved over email).
- Taking a consultative approach by providing individualized responses to customers.
- Working independently and managing your own time, while focusing on keeping the ticket volume low.
Applicants for this position must:
- Be able to work on a schedule based on the U.S. Eastern time zone.
- Have experience working in a remote environment.
- Be native-level proficient in the English language.
- Be able to break down complex concepts into well-written content.
- Have experience in a customer-focused field (a plus).
- Have an undergraduate degree in computer science, or equivalent (a plus).
- Have junior level experience as a software engineer or web developer (a plus).
- Have experience writing or formatting online content (a plus).
- Have knowledge of Python computer programming software (a plus).
- Create your own schedule.
- Medical and dental plans, with 99% paid premiums and an HSA option available.
- 401(k) matching.
- Above-market salary.
- All-expense-paid retreats twice a year to meet your remote team in person.
Matt Reinstetle is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.