Work From Home
This Fully-Remote Tech Company Is Looking for a Full-Time Staff Writer
I don’t know about y’all, but I’m a sucker for an app that promises to streamline my workflow and make my life easier. I even have a folder on my iPhone labeled Productivity.
If that sounds like you, then consider applying for this work-from-home job at Zapier.
Zapier is a California-based remote company with over 200 employees all over the world focused on helping businesses automate workflows.
To help the cause, the company is currently hiring a staff writer who can create content about the best apps and software out there to help businesses be their most productive selves.
This is a full-time, completely remote job. Applicants worldwide are welcome to apply.
No formal education is required, but applicants should have four years of experience creating online content, particularly in the realm of apps and technology. The staff writer will be required to test the apps or software themselves when writing in order to give readers the best review.
The pay isn’t specified but is described as “competitive,” so it might be a good time to put your salary-negotiating pants on.
The job also comes with a pretty solid roundup of benefits: health coverage, a retirement plan, paid parental leave and unlimited vacation days.
And, as a cherry on top, the company will provide the staff writer with work equipment and software of their choosing.
Staff Writer at Zapier
Pay: Not specified
- Writing or updating posts focused on software and productivity.
- Editing posts by fellow team members.
- Promoting content via email and social media.
- Implementing SEO practices such as keyword research.
- Identifying and pitching topics to grow readership.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least four years of experience writing and editing online content, specifically about apps, software or technology.
- Experience using keyword research when creating content.
- Ability to use data and research to drive content creation.
- A passion for technology and new software.
- Willingness to test out new apps or software firsthand.
- Strong grammar and editing skills.
- Health care, including dental and vision coverage.
- 401(k) with a 4% company match.
- Profit sharing.
- Two annual company retreats.
- 14 weeks paid parental leave.
- Unlimited vacation policy, with the requirement that you take at least two weeks off.
Note that the healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Kaitlyn Blount is a former staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.